WTB - Mackerel box

kmcrosby78

G'day all, have been keeping an eye out for a while for a 2nd hand mackerel esky (prob 70-110L) for my tinny for all of the massive fish I catch ............. (actually, for those VERY rare occasions where I catch a decent fish ..). So thought I'd check if anyone has a mackerel box they don't use and wanted some cash for?

Keep a close eye or make a saved search for ebay and gumtree. they go quick though.

I missed the esky I sold to Tugger so much I bought another one, 1/3 of retail price is pretty good.

The other option is a neoprene bag or a zip up esky bag, they save heaps of room and you can keep your ice fresh in a smaller esky. I have a neoprene bag that i use as i hate losing floor space in the boat.

Cheers for the reply Jeremy and great idea on the fish bags. Found these http://www.downriggershop.com.au/neoprene-fish-chiller-bags.html which seem like a good product for only $59 delivered. Think I'll grab one as for the vast majority of my fishing I don't (currently, anyway .....) need a bigger/longer esky so I could just have it in the nose of the tinny and use it on those rare occasions. And even when it is used I guess you can stuff it wherever you like in the boat to minimise deck clutter.

I have one of those bags. Fits a fair amount of fish but will chew up the ice quickly. Fine for those days were you are chasing macs and only stay out till midday.

Mine lives in the boat. I got the tuna style bag but i think the mackeral one would be better up here as we dont get the big barrel size tuna as often as they do down south.

If you are patient, and keep chipping in with bids you can pick up brand new 120L ice box for around $90-120 on ebay. One particular brand has new ones up for auction every day, starting at around $80-90. A couple of members on here have them, and from what I've seen they look fairly decent - good value for money.

Archived