Be Warned

ellicat

Good to see.

Pretty sure I saw a couple of blokes keep tiny bream and flathead on the pine yesterday. Not certain though so didn't bother reporting or making a fool of myself.

Is it legal to keep undersized fish in a livewell? If the blokes weren't chucking them straight in their White Buckets they would have been putting them in a livewell because I didn't see any fish go back in the drink.

Good to see.

Pretty sure I saw a couple of blokes keep tiny bream and flathead on the pine yesterday. Not certain though so didn't bother reporting or making a fool of myself.

Is it legal to keep undersized fish in a livewell? If the blokes weren't chucking them straight in their White Buckets they would have been putting them in a livewell because I didn't see any fish go back in the drink.

There you go then mate, we should've got the bastards details...would love to just punch a hole in their tinnie and make them swim back. Scum just ruining it for everyone! Good to see fisheries cracking down though, would love to see more around that for sure!

Good to see the overtime budget hasn't been completely taken away from Fisheries. Something to remember is that the measuring device you are using may not be all that accurate and the fish will shrink a bit over time. I had a flathead measured at the ramp. Fisheries ruler said 63cm, the alvey ruler had it at 64.5 and the brag mat I was using had it at 65, so always err on the side of caution. Later I ran a Stanley tape against the other measures and it was different again, but I think it was same as Fisheries ruler.

Archived