shark attack

jeff f

there was a shark attack on a woman paddling a kayak off the beach at byron bay this afternoon.

a three meter whitepointer hit the kayak from below knocking the woman into the water. it then came at her and as she tried to defend herself the shark took her hand off and swam away

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry Jeff but she only got a little cut on her hand mate. A Jack Russel would have done more damage:blink:

Did you see the yak? 3m White Pointer :laugh: :laugh: More like a Barracouta.;) Do they get Gummy sharks down there?

Why is it that every time there's a \"Shark attack\" it's a Great White.

Gotta love the media :X

jeff f wrote:

typical bloody media crap i've been feeling sorry for her all afternoon

You know what they say 'If it bleeds, it leads'

Here is a question I got smashed out of the water with on another site?

Do you think there is any correlation between purposely targetted shark fishing and shark attacks at beaches?

Being a southerner, there were not a great deal of reported attacks, but come up here and they always seem to be having a chew on someone. Or maybe is it the warmer waters? I really have no idea, just chucking it around as does more shark fishing up here = more shark attacks?

I think the sharks were there before the fishermen. The reason shark fishermen are drawn to them is because they are there.

SA & WA seem to have the most fatals in recent years.

/>http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/content/view.asp?id=126

The warmer water theory may have more to do with more people in the water, rather than more sharks though (??)

Sharks down southern vic rarely go into rivers and we dont have cannals like up here but there's heaps of nasties in the water every summer packs of bronzies come in to port phillip bay and well Mako's are around all year and they are nuts :woohoo: but in vic no where near as many swimmers

An interesting point though there is no bag limit on flathead and you can fill your boat in hours (no monsters but good sized) and out in the straight the same can be said for parrot fish on the inshore reefs which run the full lenth of the coast from port phillip heads to apollo bay boat loads of parrot

So I guessing whith such a huge supply of natural food attacks are less could be wrong

Gaz

ps Most attack are on divers who look like a big seal diving on seal colonie and yep guess what great whites love to eat :woohoo:

Archived