Scarborough peninsula tripod beacon and surrounds

Inspiredbyfishing

I have never fish the peninsula tripod beacon or the area surrounding it on a kayak and if the weather allows I would like to change that this weekend. The post is mainly to gain any info about what works around the tripod area. If you have fished it please shed some light on the kinds of species I could target and ways to target them. I am under the impression that mackerel of the school and spotty kind may be present but what reef fish may I come across?

Any info is appreciated, see you on the water.

Dom

You and six million other boats will be out there if conditions are okay. You'd have more of an issue drifting into boats that anchor around it

That point is fished extremely hard and i'm yet to hear of mac caught around that beacon.

BUT you can't catch fish with-out fishing

Have caught macs around that beacon and surrounding areas over the years but it's more a case of right place right time, they aren't there all the time like at the shipping channel beacons......as has been said, that area is heavily fished, particularly on weekends, it is better to fish away from the crowds, the whole peninsula is scattered with reef so there's no shortage of fishing spots.

Archived