A Few Gold Coast Tailor

Damien2Rad

Hey fellas,

Got up bright and early Saturday morning with the intention of heading down to Burleigh Heads to throw some lures around for Tailor. We moved spots about 4 times before finding some nice white water near Corrumbin.

Managed to get myself a coulle of fish, one around 400mm and one pushing 500mm.

Crumbed them in crushed Salt and Vinegar chips and fried 'em up.

Went down again this morning and managed 2 more, however they stopped hitting lures not long after sunrise.

Traded 2 fillets for a bottle of Mead with Angus, which went down nicely todays lunch of BBQ Tailor and Fries.

And finally, headed down again for an evening sesh and got nothing. Not one hit, further adding weight to the idea that Tailor move off /don't feed during a northerly, as one had picked up during the day.

And today I seem to have forgotten how to add photos from my phone.

But if you're out looking for a few fish for dinner, it's worth seeking out that white water and chucking some lures around sunset and sunrise. They're by no means thick, but they're around.

Cheers,

Damien.

Thanks for the report and photos.

Here's my tailor update for anyone interested.

I went down and met a friend on threw lures off the rocky headland at Burleigh yesterday at dawn.

My friend got 2 using a floating minnow in sardine colours.

I had no success after trying slugs, popper and minnow hardbodies. After my friend left for work I headed over to tallebudgera groyne and threw slugs again and managed 1 hookup which got dropped close to the rocks.

Will keep at it. I normally fish at night but wanted to do something different.

Archived