Kedron Brook Upper - 2/05/2015

curranboy99

Fishing Report 2/05/2015

I got down to the creek at 4.15pm and baited up with bread i was casting into an eddy behind fallen timber. I kept fishing for about 20mintues and i saw a 8foot python swim across the creek. So i moved on to the next spot which was a bit of a walk thru shrub and long grass (this spot produces small tilapia and the odd perch). I was casting down stream and letting the my weedless SP travel down and the retrive i was using was a wind the slack in and push the rod tip down making the lure pop across the surface (the fish in this creek like a lot of action in the lure) i fished till dusk and got few aggrisive surface hits but did not hook up. So i did'nt catch anything but it was still enteraining with the surface strikes

Where mullet and tilapia usually are

post-15079-144599107232_thumb.jpg

Where i got the surface strikes

post-15079-144599107241_thumb.jpg

There was some strong flow in parts

post-15079-144599107247_thumb.jpg

Yes it was really high usually at this reach it is thigh deep at its deepest and there is only a little bit of flow. And i have had success down there on lures (my profile pic is a fish that i got on lure down there). On my knowledge of fishing down there the catties are quite territorial and they like to hit the plastics which look like big shrimp and small fish but won't hit a worm plastic or bread bait and they are most active in early summer. And i heard that people were getting tilapia behind brookside at mitchelton and i think they said they the webster rd bridge as well.

There should be tilapia and catties there and I know that there is mullet in there, they are found thruout the creek. And I found some good info on the brook on this site (kedronbrook.org.au) they just list the fish that are found in there but still useful.

Good Luck

Hey Curranboy, I live at Mitchelton and know the spots in your pics well. I often take some bread with me on walks and get the fish going, some big tilapia off that walkway/bridge at Arana. I've been curious as to what else might be lurking in the deeper bends.

Have caught a lot of big mullet and tilapia down as Kedron floodway, the mullet go like missiles.

I think it would have silver perch in there since there lots of timber snags and rock snags and a old drunk fella said that there is so much mullet in there they started attacking him. i don't believe the attacking part of the story but there should be some fish in there

good luck for this arvo

Archived