Bribie Island beach

natang

Hey guys,

I have been fishing Bribie for years but mainly on the calm side and have always done really well.

Since getting into 4wding the last couple of years I started fishing the surf side and in particular up around the beach camping areas and have had no luck but a few Dart. I've tried pilchard cubes like I normally use, bloodworms, Yabbie's. I've tried soft plastics and also metal slugs. I mainly fish the run in as that is what I do on the Bongaree side..

Not sure whether it is me or whether there just is not much there. I've spoken to a number of people and they all say the same thing.

I'm not after spots but more so pointers as to surf fishing etc. I've done a fair bit of surf fishing down at Fingal and fraser with great resutls but Bribie I always seem to get a donut.

Hi Natang

Regarding the surf fishing at bribie i usually go there once a month or so and have caught many legal whiting (25cm+) as well as heaps small dart between the surf club and skirmish point. I usually fish fresh sandworms on a #8 mustad bloodworm hook and a 6LB fluoro leader 2hours before and 1hour after low tide and 75% of time i get good results + i have also found March till May the best time to fish there.

And that is my experience fishing the surf at Bribie but i hope it helps

Archived