Windy day Bassin

Joe K

Hi Guys!

Drove to the local dam for a quickie session yesterday. The SEasterly was blowing hard and the water was choppy. Not great fishing conditions but I would have been happy just wading in the water after a bush walk. 

After 20 casts without a bump I was starting to daydream about Maccas. I changed the Little Max to a bright pink and started getting hits. The bass were small so it was tough hooking up. I eventually landed 3 baby bass and soon after the blade was hit hard on the first drop. Feeling the weight I knew the fish would be close to 50cm. Not wanting to lose this fish to straightened hooks I carefully played the fish to the bank. And yes, she was a beaut 49.5cm fat lady!:frantics:

I fished another 20 mins and apart from a few bumps there were no hook ups. The bass had moved on. 

Cheers... Joe. 

image.png

You may wish to look at Lances site for some bargain basement blades.

He also has some greaT rod buys.

For the Bass fisherman we have a great special on some 5g and 12g Rupes Blades.
Normally $7 each these are now only $2.50 each.
Grab yourself a bargain while stocks last.
http://www.reeltackle.com.au/index.php…

Lance Collins's photo.

Cheers
Ray

Thanks a lot Ray, it's very helpful of you. I will check them out asap. I usually use the 1/2 and 1 oz Little Max and Blading X blades for distance casting.  I have started using the Katos quite successfully (despite having to replace the hooks). Bought a dozen Katos today (4 blades @ $30). 

Cheers... Joe. 

I was driving home from Bribie and had 90 mins to fish so I turned into the NPD full of hope. When I arrived at the water my hopes were dashed with the 30km/hr NEasterly. Thirty casts without a bump and I again found them in the shallow bay sheltering from the wind. Ended up with 7 bass (26-38cm) and lost only 1 Little Max blade. Have a look at this constipated bass. :D

image.jpeg

Archived