Freak'n awesome session!

bersim

Sorry for the very lame pun in the title but had a great little session in my freak yak today :lol:. Decided to have an early morning solo session up at the pine river, with the main target being flatties.  After seeing a lot of surface action in the shallows I decided to snap on a surface popper which proved to be a good move, hooking multiple whiting on surface which is really awesome fun!  Even though it was raining the fish were biting!  Also got a massive surface strike in no more than ankle deep water and l can only think that it must have been a big flatty that was sitting in the sand...

Decided to try for some bream after these guys and immediately found a few willing to take some deep diving lures.  Got some nice little ones on an atomic hardz and they put up an awesome fight on my light Nordic Stage Sharpshooter.  After catching some of these guys I decided to call it a day and head for home.  Not a bad little start to the day and a great way to spend a rainy morning.  Something a bit different for me but I'm going to be doing more of this seeing as it was so much fun and they loved the lures.  

IMG_2270.thumb.jpg.d78e6be58c5258587ad0b

IMG_2276.thumb.jpg.60f9b2cc109d110789a36
IMG_2278.thumb.jpg.436f11543001579a4b254

IMG_2280.thumb.jpg.45ca931efc3a2fca03a2f

James

Archived