Moreton Bay Session 10.04.2016

Angus

Headed out today for short session...

Henry's first child is a few days late so the logic was, well might as well have a fish :)

Started with some amazing conditions...

11.jpg

And then as the sun rose we got a quick flurry of desirable species..

5.jpg2.jpg4.jpg12.jpg

And some less than desirable including that toad that destroyed a squid jig...

7.jpg8.jpg

The squid were scarce to begin with but once we found this there was a short streak of 7 landed and a few dropped including 2 double hook ups...

9.jpg1.jpg10.jpg

After this the highlight came with a large number of tailor busting up in the shallows...

Henry nailed this one...

3.jpg6.jpg

But lost a much bigger one to bite off after a brutal fight. That's fishing :)

Anyway all in all a pretty fun session with mixed species and pretty consistent action. Plenty of little squire and grassies not photographed along with other randoms (fringe eyed flatty, pike, rock whiting etc).

Cheers

Angus

You guys certainly did well for a short session Angus, well done. Forgot to ask who the third guy was? Thanks for lending the spare knife, I was frantically sorting through my gear at home last night as most of it was packed in a separate bag for our recently completed Noosa trip. I had high hopes this morning with those magic first up conditions however then realised I'd managed to leave my knife, rod to troll with the paravane (for macks) and my Beacon 2 Beacon all at home ........

Was cool meeting you guys in the shallows as it's something I never do and should start trying - obviously an electric would help but still could be done. @samsteele115 I found some birds working on my way home (will PM you brief details) and pretty sure they were tuna and I think longies. Thought they were macks at first (mainly because I just assumed the longies were in the northern bay ......) but after failing to get a proper shot at them (kicking myself in hindsight as I probably could have a couple of times but was hellbent on outsmarting them and stopping in front of them so they would come past me ..... backfired) I looked behind the boat and 3-4 of them were cruising past about 5-10m behind me. Instinctively chucked my slug in front of them and pretty much as it hit the water I realised they were tuna and not mackerel and therefore my slug was unlikely to achieve success.  Quickly chucked a plastic on a pre-rigged jighead on my other Stradic 500FJ combo but unfortunately the horse had bolted (and it was well and truly time for me to head home as I'd received a call from the missus 'a while' earlier saying my young fella was spewing and not well ...

Sorry for the slight hijack Angus - not really worth putting my own thread up. Good luck with the bub Henry. Oh and couldn't believe how quiet the ramp was when we left at approx. 5:40am. Must have been plenty of gentlemen's hours fishos though because the whole carpark was full when we left.

Thanks Angus for putting up the report and for the well wishes Kelvin. Great to finally meet you mate.

Was great to get out finally and test that the boat wasn't taking in anymore water! It was odd seeing how dirty the water was. We were really expecting it to be clean and clear but it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Do$tylz said:

Thanks Angus for putting up the report and for the well wishes Kelvin. Great to finally meet you mate.

Was great to get out finally and test that the boat wasn't taking in anymore water! It was odd seeing how dirty the water was. We were really expecting it to be clean and clear but it wasn't.

+1 on the water clarity. It has been dirty on my last couple of trips which is surprising considering it has been relatively calm and dry the past few weeks.

Archived