A Small Teaser

Luvit

If everything goes according to plan next week I expect to have a new (Used) boat. Once confirmed I will post some pictures etc.

Without giving to much away it is a bigger walk, around version that will be better for the offshore work I find myself doing. Still will be fine for the bay etc.

Unfortunately the Scout 175SF will have to go to finance it. It will be a sad day when the Scout leaves it been and is an awesome boat and I wish I could afford to keep it as well.

So if you or any of your friends are in the market for a fibreglass centre console boat watch this space!

It has been a good 12 months looking for what I wanted and didn't want to make a mistake. 

The picture Mick has is fairly accurate but not the actual boat just a picture from the web site, don't spoil the surprise.

You and Mick could go halves in the Scout, I'm sure Tika wouldn't mind?

Update 

I'm sitting in the car about to go to sleep with sweet dreams. Did the ocean test today and all is good. Inspection tomorrow and start to tow it home if the inspection gives it the thumbs up. 

It is a Grady White 6.2m nearly 21 ft. It will do offshore and bay work surperbly. 

Photos when I get home.

Which one Wayne? Assuming either the Adventure 208 Walkaround or the Fisherman 209? Either way looks a very nice rig - I wish Dad's was a walkaround as it would make it so much easier to duck up the front and throw lures. The full length canopy makes it very hard from the main deck.

Look out marlin!!!! (and anything red around 1770 in the not too distant future ......) :)

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Which one Wayne? Assuming either the Adventure 208 Walkaround or the Fisherman 209? Either way looks a very nice rig - I wish Dad's was a walkaround as it would make it so much easier to duck up the front and throw lures. The full length canopy makes it very hard from the main deck.

Look out marlin!!!! (and anything red around 1770 in the not too distant future ......) :)

It is the Adventure 208:)

A very heavy boat, massive compared to the scout. It will open up many new grounds including 1770.

Sorry I have been quite on the forum been busy.

Over the last 4 days i drove to Sydney to test drive and have Surveyor do an inspection the Grady White which all come up good.

After sleeping in the car, the boat and finding bush camps i got very little sleep. This was because I was not going to pay $65 per night to throw the swag down in a caravan park. (peak season) tight arse.

I towed it home and a good test straight up with 40 degree day running the trailer at 100kph for 2 hrs no problems. If anything was going to go wrong that was the time.

Got home yesterday and tried to get the boat into the garage. Oh no the trailer with the extend draw bar will not turn sharp enough and can't get it in. Spent all day yesterday arranging accommodation for the boat and going through every different scenario on how too over come it.

Basically the drive is extremely tight and the draw bat is 1.8m long and can be shorten by a meter. However the tyre's were going at different angles when turning because it's a tandem trailer. Not having a tandem trailer before it looked like a lot of stress being put on the trailer so I stopped. I have been reading up and apparently this is normal when turning a tandem sharply and does not damage anything only increasing the wear/scrubbing of the tyres. If any one can add to this from experience please do.

So today I'll much around in trying to get the boat back on my property until I can figure out what is the best way forward. it was not the excitement i was looking forward to when i got home. 

When I get a chance to wash etc and set it up i'll get some photos together.

7 hours ago, Luvit said:

Sorry I have been quite on the forum been busy.

Over the last 4 days i drove to Sydney to test drive and have Surveyor do an inspection the Grady White which all come up good.

After sleeping in the car, the boat and finding bush camps i got very little sleep. This was because I was not going to pay $65 per night to throw the swag down in a caravan park. (peak season) tight arse.

I towed it home and a good test straight up with 40 degree day running the trailer at 100kph for 2 hrs no problems. If anything was going to go wrong that was the time.

Got home yesterday and tried to get the boat into the garage. Oh no the trailer with the extend draw bar will not turn sharp enough and can't get it in. Spent all day yesterday arranging accommodation for the boat and going through every different scenario on how too over come it.

Basically the drive is extremely tight and the draw bat is 1.8m long and can be shorten by a meter. However the tyre's were going at different angles when turning because it's a tandem trailer. Not having a tandem trailer before it looked like a lot of stress being put on the trailer so I stopped. I have been reading up and apparently this is normal when turning a tandem sharply and does not damage anything only increasing the wear/scrubbing of the tyres. If any one can add to this from experience please do.

So today I'll much around in trying to get the boat back on my property until I can figure out what is the best way forward. it was not the excitement i was looking forward to when i got home. 

When I get a chance to wash etc and set it up i'll get some photos together.

Yup, the tyres do twist... Scary the first dozen times, then you get use to it. However I am of the belief it shortens the life of your tyres, as all mine after 3 years got bubbles in the side walls where the twisting occurs.

On the draw bar subject, I suggest not to shorten it, if it can be avoided. A long draw bar makes the trailer so much easier to handle when reversing and helps with the weight distribution on the trailer. If you shorten it, it might become light in the front end like mine, which turns a good trailer into a pig.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have decided not to cut the draw bar down for a number of reasons. 

Unfortunately this will mean I will have to store it outside with a cover on it. Not ideal but a small sacrifice for such a nice boat. 

@demarc I have to go to China for work in Feb so won't make this one but when I have things sorted it's a chance if I have any holidays left. 

Last night at 6pm I took it for its first trip with my son Luke. It was blowing 15knts northerly and quite sloppy but the boat handled it with ease. Once we got to Moreton island we anchored up and had dinner. 

The northerly was relentless and increase to 20knts and then the tide changed to an out going tide. I pulled the pin at midnight and headed for Bribie island. We hit some meter plus waves that were breaking. I can't believe the difference having trim tabs makes and the boat was excellent in such poor conditions. So in the good weather it will fantastic.

Just the one photo at the moment till I give it wash this afternoon.

IMG_2808.JPG

Never been afraid of getting blood on the floor Tugger. (As long as it's not mine).

I had a list of things I was looking for in a boat and one was no carpet and a self draining deck. After having the Scout with this feature I loved it and wanted in the next boat. Tuna, Mackerel and Dollies all spill blood, but a quick rinse down with the deck wash and it's back to new. Saves so much time when you get home as well.

I have been working on fixing the access for boat before and after work each night, nearly there.

End of next week I should have the Scout ready for sale also. 

Gave it a wash on the weekend and not a great photo but you can see the walk around section.

Boat top_2809.JPG

bot.JPG

bot1.JPG

8 minutes ago, benno573 said:

Awesome looking tub Wayne. Looking forward to getting out there with you one day!

I'm looking forward to getting out also. 

I cashed all my RDO's and Annual leave in to buy it, so trips will be mainly weekends. 

Archived