Who Is Heading Out 11th And 12th

Cobiaaddict

Booked on Outlaw Charters with John Gooding on Friday. Celebrating Dad's 70th so us four brothers, Dad, a Kiwi uncle and another friend so should be fun, just hope the fish are biting. Spoke to John yesterday and he said he's been out 20 of the last 24 days (sounded knackered, having a couple of days off) and that the fish are biting well on livies so fingers crossed, keen to get my first amberjack.  Hope you nail plenty wherever you end up mate, new boat still going well?

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Do they eat OK? I’ve always released them. 

Let's just say you don't want to know ....... :whistle:  Yep, as long as you take off the bloodline they eat well and also make great sashimi (we demolished a fair bit this arvo :)). I was saying to John that up until about a year or so ago I had always thought/assumed they wouldn't taste good (not sure why) but he corrected me.

54 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Will write a report when I get a chance (big day, Dad's 70th party tomorrow and yet to write my speech .....) but great day out on Outlaw Charters, bagging out on AJ's and Samsonfish (both new species for me). How did you get on @Cobiaaddict?5a58a70d8c1af_Dads70thCharter2018-AJsKingies.jpeg.22ef944339fde1103c3ec43e2346e48b.jpeg

Fished till 10pm last night and got home about 2am this morning after leaving from bribie ramp at 7.30am . We ended up fishing about 8km south west of the barwon banks catching pearl pearch , parrott, pigfish ,cod, moses and a couple of squire. Been sleeping most of the day before washing the boat then having more sleep and then cleaning fish. 

GetAttachment1.jpg

Awesome haul mate, great stuff, and as Wayne said that's one big day but the rewards are obviously there to make it worthwhile. New boat going well I assume? No what you mean about sleeping - I just got woken up by a phone call and was surprised to see it was 8:30am (thank you kids!!), amazing what aircon will do!!

New boat is awesome mate. Drove really well coming home in the dark and what a weapon averaging 42-46km per hour and 2.3km per ltr with 4 on board amd loaded up with fish.  Yeah 1st time i have put int hose type of hours in long time. Since becoming a type 1 diabetic its a tough juggle keeping myself feeling right and . It Was hard going out there as we only had 3 fish on board by 6pm thursday night then all hell broke loose when we showed up at the spot i planned to anchor on for the night to chase  some snapper on the early  morning bite before heading home for a late breakfast..  Only  reason we came in was the eskys was full and ice was just about all melted . The deckies where stoked . 

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

Looks like you were kept busy ! Someone knows what they're doing. :)

Thanks @ellicat

Spent a lot of time fishing offshore when i was a teenager. Had my powerboat licence before i could drive and had plenty of opportunities to get out fishing

It has been amost 10years since i last fished that area of Caloundra wide and i was completley shocked when i sounded up fish shows like never before.  Normally its a anchor berley amd wait for them to arrive.  

On 12/01/2018 at 10:16 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Will write a report when I get a chance (big day, Dad's 70th party tomorrow and yet to write my speech .....) but great day out on Outlaw Charters, bagging out on AJ's and Samsonfish (both new species for me). How did you get on @Cobiaaddict?5a58a70d8c1af_Dads70thCharter2018-AJsKingies.jpeg.22ef944339fde1103c3ec43e2346e48b.jpeg

Well done Kelvin dragging your knuckles on the ground now i bet

On 12/01/2018 at 11:22 PM, Cobiaaddict said:

Fished till 10pm last night and got home about 2am this morning after leaving from bribie ramp at 7.30am . We ended up fishing about 8km south west of the barwon banks catching pearl pearch , parrott, pigfish ,cod, moses and a couple of squire. Been sleeping most of the day before washing the boat then having more sleep and then cleaning fish. 

GetAttachment1.jpg

Awesome trip out the fish were chewing hard i love it when the plan comes together 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:22 PM, Cobiaaddict said:

Fished till 10pm last night and got home about 2am this morning after leaving from bribie ramp at 7.30am . We ended up fishing about 8km south west of the barwon banks catching pearl pearch , parrott, pigfish ,cod, moses and a couple of squire. Been sleeping most of the day before washing the boat then having more sleep and then cleaning fish

Wow very impressive mate. Well done. Long day but worth the effort. yew! Where are the Barwon banks?

19 hours ago, tugger said:

Well done Kelvin dragging your knuckles on the ground now i bet

Yep they were sore alright, although I managed to lift plenty of beers to my mouth at Dad's 70th still ......... :frantics:  Michael and another brother Dan (both fit, muscly bu99ers) carried that esky by the handle all the way from the William Gunn Jetty to the car - not sure how as my uncle and I had enough fun just getting it out of the back of the car back at dad's ........ :whistle:

Archived