nigehey

Hey there Australian Fishing Online. I'm just returning to fishing after a long (long) time off. I'm now in my mid-thirties and haven't fished seriously (or for fun) for almost 8 years - mainly because of work commitments...

I'm also relatively new to Brisbane, I've been here for 3 years now and recently went on my first holiday in many, many years. We went up to Kawana, and having no gear (lost through many moves) I bought a cheapo spinning outfit and have been back into it every chance I've had.

I'm just coming to grips with soft plastics, braid etc etc.

So, looking forward to many happy QLD angling years! (and...as a bonus, I can answer the old \"what can I get you for XMAS question!)

See you around

welcome aboard nigehey. you'll find everything you need here, from Q&A to fishing buddies. we have the brisbane river classic coming up next month, might be a good opportunity to meet some of the guys and gals and have a bit of a fish, and if you're lucky you might even pick up some new gear as a prize.

buzz

Hi Fisher_90

I've been all over the place in the last couple of weeks - Redcliffe, Pinkenba, Nudgee, Shorncliff, Newstead and New Farm (where I live). I've been trying on soft plastics for the past two weeks (having never used them before) and today down at Merthyr Park I decided just to use some Sunblest white bread on a number 2 long shank with a running sinker and ended up with a 36cm bream (with a few returns - just smaller tarwhine). I'm absolutely stoked!! How good is it to be able to fish locally with that kind of quality!

Archived