Going Fishing 27 December Until

Poddymullet

Merry Xmas fellow AFO’s,

Weather has settled down finally and looks good for the lead up to New Year 🙂 

Slightly embarrassed to report I’ve swapped boats ... gone for something a little smaller and centr console. I’ve loved the Lewis but it was just too big on my own and I’ve always wanted an open boat. Luckily the guys at Brisbane Yamaha scratched my itch and I’m now a proud owner of a Scout 175 sport fisher. Took it out on Friday and it’s exactly what I wanted! Handles the chop well, dry as a Nun’s..., and goes like a rocket with the older Merc 90 2 litre 4 stroke. Only had 60 hours on it...frugal as as well. Caught a school  Mack so the boat has been bloodied but can’t wait to get it out tomorrow and the rest of the week. Going to do some beacon bashing and potentially bottom bash beteeen Moreton and Bribie conditions permitting ... need to get a radio installed ...

Just happy the weather has settled a bit wind wise 

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

Great boats the Scouts.

The boat before my current boat was a Scout 175SF a 2004 model. 

I still missed it, had some fun times in it. 

Congratulations. 

Thanks mate! Coming from you makes me feel even better about the purchase. I have to say the yanks know how to make boats that’s for sure. All those little things...stainless Bimini kind of blew my mind. Only been out once but it handles amazing ... feel very confident 

Archived