Mowzeh

Hi everyone,

I recently returned my elite 9 ti2 due to some issues (restarting when changing pages, losing bottom, and sidescan interference) so I am back in the market for a new sounder. I fish from a Hobie pro angler and mainly target bream.

I am in two minds and have narrowed my choices down.

1. Garmin echomap plus 95sv

2. Lowrance HDS live 7

3. Give the lowrance elite ti2 9 another go.

Can anyone here offer some advice from personal experience with these units? Anything from user interface, touch screen responsiveness to charts and image clarity (downscan sidescan). All help will be. Greatly appreciated. My budget is 1450 if you feel you have some other model you would recommend. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Mowzeh said:

Hi everyone,

I recently returned my elite 9 ti2 due to some issues (restarting when changing pages, losing bottom, and sidescan interference) so I am back in the market for a new sounder. I fish from a Hobie pro angler and mainly target bream.

I am in two minds and have narrowed my choices down.

1. Garmin echomap plus 95sv

2. Lowrance HDS live 7

3. Give the lowrance elite ti2 9 another go.

Can anyone here offer some advice from personal experience with these units? Anything from user interface, touch screen responsiveness to charts and image clarity (downscan sidescan). All help will be. Greatly appreciated. My budget is 1450 if you feel you have some other model you would recommend. Cheers.

Hey Mowzeh. Welcome to the forum. I'm not gonna be much help with info on the sounder but wanted to ask a question. How do you find the touch screen in a yak? I have an open boat and sometimes get spray on the screen. This messes it up a lot. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Hey Mowzeh. Welcome to the forum. I'm not gonna be much help with info on the sounder but wanted to ask a question. How do you find the touch screen in a yak? I have an open boat and sometimes get spray on the screen. This messes it up a lot. 

They work fine. The only time you get a lot of spray onboard if it's really windy out, and even then because you're not moving as fast the spray isn't as much. So you have to keep that in mind.

I’ve had the same sounder and it works a treat ( whether that be in freshwater or salt ). In saying that a mate of mine bought a yak recently and put a Hook2 on and reckons its the bomb and cheaper

my 2 cents worth is stay with the original if your getting great after sales service and if you  cant get your hard earned back change. Hope it works out

I run garmin. Love em. Over 6 units I have never had a problem. 

I had a 95sv in my old run about. Nice unit. 

Easy to use. Their menu system is easy. 

In 50m+ the standard trans wasn't the best. Never upgraded though (upgraded the boat instead....honey I need a new boat, the transducer on this one is knackered 🤣).

Side view worked well in salt. Good for what you're doing.

It had the G2vision map built in from memory. That's why the price is up there. Heaps of detail. I run 820's atm and the maps are brilliant. 

I'd buy another for sure. 

Archived