2019 Ozfish Wynnum Fishing Classic - Wash Up

Drop Bear

It was fantastic weather for the event. Perhaps too good as many reported the fishing was pretty tough. 

There were loads of fish entered but a few categories didn't get enough for all places and no one caught a Mulloway or a Threadfin. 

Monday was the photo entry weigh in. It was a stunning day. We had thousands of people at the event for the Wynnum Manly Seafood Festival and it went of like a cracker. Way more people than we thought meant long lines but most have a great day. 

Massive thank you to all the volunteers that worked so hard to get this event up and running and were there on the day. Long hot day but I hope it was fun. 

Here are the results for this years Classic;

Juniors

Bream;

1. Liam Crosby 28.1
  2. Joel Towns 28.0
  3. Daniel Craig 27.1

Whiting

No fish measured

Flathead

1. Marcus Laird 61
  2. Koby Savas 56
  3. Elliott Henning 48

Snapper

1. Marcus Laird 37
  2. Koby Savas 33

Mulloway/Threadfin

No fish measured

Champion Angler Junior 

Koby Savas 115.5 -  Bream 26.5 Flathead 56, Snapper 33

Seniors

Bream

1. Steve Collyer 38.5
  2. Lachlan Pittman 33.7
  3. Khean Mak 32

Whiting

1. Tom Pittceathyly 24.1

Flathead

1. Wayne Jack 76
  2. Khean Mak 67
  3. Stuart Laird 66

Snapper 

1. Lachlan Pittman 47
  2. Stuart Aird 41
  3. Khean Mak 37

Mullowy /Threadfin

No fish measured

Champion Angler

Khean Mak 136 Bream 32, Flathead 67, Snapper 37

Congratulation to our 2 boat winners as well. It is fantastic that the 4.2 went to a local Wynnum Family that have always wanted a boat but could never really afford one. 

Until next year

DP

Great result the weekend weather was good , I had half an hour spare on Monday from work and drove down but could not find a park. It looked busy which is a good thing and had to give up and go back to work I was looking forward to tasting some of the yummy seafood. I hope to have a favourable work roster next year as I worked right over this long weekend.

5 hours ago, tugger said:

Great result the weekend weather was good , I had half an hour spare on Monday from work and drove down but could not find a park. It looked busy which is a good thing and had to give up and go back to work I was looking forward to tasting some of the yummy seafood. I hope to have a favourable work roster next year as I worked right over this long weekend.

It was a bit mad. We got smashed...