Back In To The Snaps

Allnighter

Brilliant stuff Allnighter, I used to fish that area with my Brother in Law in the 70's & 80's catching snapper just like you have in your hands, keep up them posts

MSB

On 13/07/2019 at 9:46 AM, Allnighter said:

What a beautiful place we have right at our back door!

Luckily i kept some gps marks from all those years ago which are still producing some great fish.

These are from east of Green Island in just 5-6m.

Bloody good fish there mate. Well done. We do ok at Green at night but haven't had much luck in the day. Awesome work. Thanks for the report and welcome home. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Is that your old boat? 

no, thats the new renegade, for a small tinny really impressed all round and especially with the ride and the stability at rest !

50 yammy four stroke, side console

The only improvement i found it really performed much better after i fitted a hydrofoil

And of course as previously mentioned, the minn kota with spot lock just ramps up our results shitloads!!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it really is grreat to be back to the bay where i feel i belong!!!

Anyone know of where Webby {Brian} and any of the old Ausfish crew ended up?

I can't seem to get my head around why i should have to pay to become a member of a fishing site to contribute towards it??  weird shi t  that is .....

2 minutes ago, Allnighter said:

no, thats the new renegade, for a small tinny really impressed all round and especially with the ride and the stability at rest !

The only improvement i found it really performed much better after i fitted a hydrofoil

And of course as previously mentioned, the minn kota with spot lock just ramps up our results shitloads!!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it really is grreat to be back to the bay where i feel i belong!!!

I had 50 4st yammy too. Could have even done with a transom fiddle to re rate to 60hp max. Was sometimes a tad sluggish to get going especially in the rough, 2 stroke would have been fine but who wants that 🤪 they are very solid hulls. Cool to know the hydrofoil works for you. I liked the tiller steer, so much room, but my shoulder didn't when I did 150km round trips in the bay looking for tuna 

On 15/07/2019 at 8:42 AM, Allnighter said:

Anyone know of where Webby {Brian} and any of the old Ausfish crew ended up?

I can't seem to get my head around why i should have to pay to become a member of a fishing site to contribute towards it??  weird shi t  that is .....

Meh AFO is better anyhow. 

On 15/07/2019 at 8:51 AM, samsteele115 said:

I had 50 4st yammy too. Could have even done with a transom fiddle to re rate to 60hp max. Was sometimes a tad sluggish to get going especially in the rough, 2 stroke would have been fine but who wants that 🤪 they are very solid hulls. Cool to know the hydrofoil works for you. I liked the tiller steer, so much room, but my shoulder didn't when I did 150km round trips in the bay looking for tuna 

I have the 70hp 4 stroke Suzuki Tiller. It has steering and throttle dampening. Most of the time I don't even need to hold the tiller arm. So nice and awesome for trolling. Like you I love the extra room you get with a tiller. 

• 2 weeks later...