Baffle Creek Submerged Hazards Locations

Ryannnnnnnn

Hello,

I know that baffle creek is renowned for it's rock bars and sand bars, and my understanding is that there are no (or limited markers around).

I was hoping someone could give me a few spots to be careful of (a map would be amazing, but anything will help) so i don't smash my prop! I'll be going slow. I'm a bit too weary to go upstream so I think I'll be sticking towards the mouth and go as far up as the main caravan park.

Looking for jacks, queenies, trevs and any barra!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Ryannnnnnnn

If i were you I'd do something like this - only fish at high tide or drop in to a tackle shop and ask someone who knows what they're talking about what time it's safest to fish the creek - if everything hidden or exposed at low tide, to deep to hurt at high, etc. Until you know the lay of the creek, i wouldn't put in a night session either. Going slow is good as well. Then, while you're doing this, (if you fishing with someone else they can do it) make or plot on a map where dangerous terrain might be. Sorry, I'm no help at all with a map, I've never fished there at all.

For chasing your fish, I'd say use soft plastics, live bait if you have access to it and hard bodies. Rig the soft plastics weedless and as well as casting you can troll the hard bodies. When live baiting, rock up to a creek mouth or something and fishing the rising tide. If you're putting in a whole day session, fish from about 2 hours before (to catch bait) to high tide. If you're putting in a half day session or smaller, catch your bait about 2 hrs before the low tide then fish 2-3hrs on the rise. While i haven't fished there, i would assume this would be the method to try and catch them and it may need some fine tuning.

Cheers Hamish