NPD 9/2/20

rayke1938

At least i did not donut although Stew and Mark in the bow outfished myself and Tai in he stern. Fishing was a bit hard with the only real productive spot being the flats on the snags. The water level has risen about a foot with the dam capacity now on 59.6% an increase of 1.9% over the last couple of days. I am not impressed with the changes to SEQ waters website. Previously all I had to do was search for recreation and safety notices and it would display all the current notices on the one page. This is what you get now 

Opera Snapshot_2020-02-08_055816_www.seqwater.com.au.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-02-09_171141_www.seqwater.com.au.png

Edited by rayke1938

You then have to click on things to do and you then get a banner at the top of the page that you have to click on to scroll through all the different notices. It used to be so easy to quickly check out which dams were closed and now it is a major issue, For the last few weeks I was under the impression that there were no current safety notices until I was told yesterday how to access. I will be giving SEQ water some feedback in the morning.

Fishing wise we had a bit of a drama first off with all my sounders turning off after a minute or so . My sounders,bilge pumps and the inverter that drives my air pump are all on the same circuit and the switchboard developed a short so I had to do a bit of rewiring to get my sounders working as one of the sounders has all my waypoints etc on it . The fish were a bit elusive but we ended up with a feed of redclaw that Mark and Stew shared plus 21 bass and 5 yellas. Stew took 3 of the yellas and Mark the other 2. 

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

Got a response from SEQ water re their website. Just goes to show getting in touch pays off rather just having a spray on social media, Now all I have to do is find out all about how to download an app. Cheers Ray

Good afternoon Ray

We have heard your feedback and will release a new landing page for notices over the coming days.

In the meantime, please refer to the blue alerts slider under the “things-to-do” option for the latest closure notices.

In the meantime if you are a mobile phone user the following information may be of assistance.

Before you visit

Play it safe and plan ahead with the Seqwater public safety app. You can stay up-to-date with the latest lake conditions and closure notices at the touch of a screen!

Search for ‘Seqwater’ in the App or Google Play stores to download, sign up and select which lakes you wish to receive safety notifications about. The app can also provide dam release notifications, dam level information, weather alerts and a directory of key contacts.