Roof Topper Boat

tugger

Looks like a great little rig Mark and you've decked it out well. Trailer looks to be in very good nick too. I've been keeping an eye out for a Sea Jay Nomad to be able to put on top of our camper trailer and noticed a good one yesterday in Brisbane (on Gumtree) but unfortunately we aren't ready/able to buy yet until we move house (Wynnum hopefully) and have more room to store it (as it is I already have my Fisher CC at my parents .....).

Will also be a handy tinny for you and Brock to do some crabbing and smack some prawns with 🙂.

26 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Looks like a great little rig Mark and you've decked it out well. Trailer looks to be in very good nick too. I've been keeping an eye out for a Sea Jay Nomad to be able to put on top of our camper trailer and noticed a good one yesterday in Brisbane (on Gumtree) but unfortunately we aren't ready/able to buy yet until we move house (Wynnum hopefully) and have more room to store it (as it is I already have my Fisher CC at my parents .....).

Will also be a handy tinny for you and Brock to do some crabbing and smack some prawns with 🙂.

Yeah I was after a sea Jay or the horizon as they had the highest sides Kelvin 

6 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi tugger

It seems like a great set up for travelling you've got there, it's a bit bigger than my lousy fishing cart I built, that's for sure 😉. Hope I hear some stories about it eventually (when the travel restrictions are eased).

Cheers Hamish 

Got a couple of big whiting and bream on the maiden trip 

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Very nice tidy little setup Mark. Is the box under the sounder your switch box? And is that the MK remote recessed into the box? Are you running separate batteries for the electric and the sounder? So many questions, sorry @tugger

Yes there is a switch panel under the sounder and a blue tooth stereo as well mounted into a aluminium box. Yes going to run separate batteries for the leccy motor to the rest of the power needs. The min kota has a foot peddle on a lead if that is what you mean ?

22 hours ago, tugger said:

Yes there is a switch panel under the sounder and a blue tooth stereo as well mounted into a aluminium box. Yes going to run separate batteries for the leccy motor to the rest of the power needs. The min kota has a foot peddle on a lead if that is what you mean ?

Nah, just my eyesight Mark. I was looking at the speaker. When I zoom in I can see what it is.

Mark in case you are interested, I just noticed a Flip n Easy trailer for sale at John Crawford Marine. Doesn't appear to come with the brackets to secure to back of your van though.

https://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/current-listings/accessories/214/view_vehicle/56/used-motors-trailers/780/flip-n-easy-trailer

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Mark in case you are interested, I just noticed a Flip n Easy trailer for sale at John Crawford Marine. Doesn't appear to come with the brackets to secure to back of your van though.

https://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/current-listings/accessories/214/view_vehicle/56/used-motors-trailers/780/flip-n-easy-trailer

I've seen that 1 there are a few 2nd hand fold away trailers for sale at the moment i am guessing a few more might come up for sale that are not being used.

Had to do some work on the trailer for this little boat as the bearings were shot i made the decision to change the wheels over from these little 9 inch rims to 13 inch rims. Bought some new hubs, bearings, wheels and tyres then packed the bearings with grease and fitted the new hubs.

I under slung the axle on the springs to give the new tyres and wheels enough room in the guards this has also raised the whole trailer to match the car i tow with. The axle and springs were fairly new so the new running gear should last many years to come apart from regular bearing changes. 

The new cushions have arrived thanks Lance 'reeltackle' and i will fit them tomorrow and give it all a run later in the day to see how the boat launches off the higher trailer. I will try for a few fish while i am down my local creek tomorrow and give the boat another good run.

Hi tugger

Good that you have found the trailer and that you've fixed it. Thanks for all the information as well, I think I need to put this in an archive at the back of my mind because if I end up getting a job when I'm 14 or 15, I will save for a small boat like this as I think you can get a boat license at 16. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

On 23/04/2020 at 7:05 PM, tugger said:

Had to do some work on the trailer for this little boat as the bearings were shot i made the decision to change the wheels over from these little 9 inch rims to 13 inch rims. Bought some new hubs, bearings, wheels and tyres then packed the bearings with grease and fitted the new hubs.

I under slung the axle on the springs to give the new tyres and wheels enough room in the guards this has also raised the whole trailer to match the car i tow with. The axle and springs were fairly new so the new running gear should last many years to come apart from regular bearing changes. 

The new cushions have arrived thanks Lance 'reeltackle' and i will fit them tomorrow and give it all a run later in the day to see how the boat launches off the higher trailer. I will try for a few fish while i am down my local creek tomorrow and give the boat another good run.

20200424_135326.thumb.jpg.b70f31e4a05f0cb179c6a52f8b6d5374.jpg