Whiting Tips

Drop Bear

8 hours ago, Nirvana said:

It seems like some peoples preferred method of finding whiting is to pull up right beside other people. Which is rather annoying, not that you can complain when you are having a great day on the water.

Nothing worse imo. And yes, feel free to inform them. Information is free and hopefuly lessons can be learnt. 

I can understand a 200m gap but some skippers want to run the sounder over your line and check if the bait is still on the hook. 

I yelled that to a bloke one day at harries and he actually looked back down at his sounder and looked up and said "I can't see it".

Well with that answer it was my que to inform him of his questionable tactics. 

A little bit of boating etiquet goes along way. 

Forget social distancing, how about boating distancing.

17 hours ago, Junky said:

Nothing worse imo. And yes, feel free to inform them. Information is free and hopefuly lessons can be learnt. 

I can understand a 200m gap but some skippers want to run the sounder over your line and check if the bait is still on the hook. 

I yelled that to a bloke one day at harries and he actually looked back down at his sounder and looked up and said "I can't see it".

Well with that answer it was my que to inform him of his questionable tactics. 

A little bit of boating etiquet goes along way. 

Forget social distancing, how about boating distancing.

I dont know if it is just a coincidence but the guys who are guilty of pulling right up beside me always have all of the fruit. New boats, Min Kota, 50 rods, pumping music and the entire simrad catalog worth of electronics. Reminds me of saying "all the gear, no idea".