Kayak motors

GregOug

11 hours ago, GregOug said:

You could put your name down for when they come back in. Moreton here you come!

Or, they still seem to have the more powerful ones for $159, in stock.

Thanks for the tip Greg! My Dad's dilemma (and mine) though, is after we get a motor, the most expensive part will be a battery that can last long enough to power it, and be of a good size for the yak. But I will talk to him tonight because eventually (after lots of stepping up) we will go out into some more open waters hopefully will an electric. 

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Thanks for the tip Greg! My Dad's dilemma (and mine) though, is after we get a motor, the most expensive part will be a battery that can last long enough to power it, and be of a good size for the yak. But I will talk to him tonight because eventually (after lots of stepping up) we will go out into some more open waters hopefully will an electric. 

Cheers Hamish

another this to consider Hamish is the cost of a motor plus a big enough battery to run it for a long enough amount of time, would pretty much put you into second hand tandem hobie territory. ive seen tandems go for just over $1000 second hand. Its rare but does happen! i bought my hobie outback for $900...thats a steal! great thing about a hobie is you can go alllll day and your legs wont really get over tired. Will change your fishing forever

20 hours ago, christophagus said:

another this to consider Hamish is the cost of a motor plus a big enough battery to run it for a long enough amount of time, would pretty much put you into second hand tandem hobie territory. ive seen tandems go for just over $1000 second hand. Its rare but does happen! i bought my hobie outback for $900...thats a steal! great thing about a hobie is you can go alllll day and your legs wont really get over tired. Will change your fishing forever

Thanks Chris. I had a chat to Dad about this. Certainly will be something we consider in the near future.

Cheers Hamish