A few bream from the sunny coast.

Tim a

Hey guys,

Will and I fished some canals on the sunshine coast on sunday and monday.

Mainly caught bream from man made structure on gulps. But there was a few caught poppers and Berkley Bass minnows.

Loads of big bust ups and plenty of expensive lures were lost.

Tally-

sunday- 25 bream, 3 small flatties and 1 tiny cod.

Monday- 6 bream

Pics to come

Thanks

Tim

Not much size to them, only 4 over 30cm FL for 20 hours fishing as Will says he usually gets 2/3 every session. :blush:

Plenty of massive bustoffs which were quite frustrating when not much is being landed(2nd day that is).

We were fishing the kawana canals.

I'll get will to put up some more pics later, I didn't use my camera very much. [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tim_bream.JPG

post-96-144598434921_thumb.jpg

you would be surprised how many fish there are around that size. A few months back at the mooloolah river around the pro boats a school of around 20 fish came cruising past, not one would have been under 50cm. they wernt feeding and wouldnt touch anything on offer, I think they were spawning. Me dad got one off the rocks at caloundra about 6-7 years ago that was a little longer at just over 54cm frnm memory but it was a very very skinny fish wouldnt have weighed more than 1kg :()

Lee

pinkey wrote:

oh ok true.. maybe the 50ich cm models get alot smarter and avoid peoples lines ect because you dont hear of them being caught to much these days..

well not in this part of the country thats for sure. down south its a differant story.

I think a lot of the bigger fish frequint the rocky headlands and beaches and only come into the rivers to spawn (at which point there not interested in feeding). after spawning they head back out to find some tucker after the dirty deed. spawning is usually around the new moon in Aug and Sep. late Sep to middle of Oct the bream seem to go off around the rocks, but most are out of condition and a little thin

Lee

Archived