Light Reels

ellicat

Decided I needed a new reel for my light estuary work after I got sick of the squeaking, clicking and grinding of my old Quantum reel from 1992 that has served me well. I jumped onto Freddy's and decided on a Daiwa Tierra LT 2000 which was on special and placed the order.

Doing things backwards as usual, I then jumped on Youtube to search for reviews and came upon this comparison clip. I thought others in the market might find it useful. There are some surprises in the opinions.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Decided I needed a new reel for my light estuary work after I got sick of the squeaking, clicking and grinding of my old Quantum reel from 1992 that has served me well. I jumped onto Freddy's and decided on a Daiwa Tierra LT 2000 which was on special and placed the order.

Doing things backwards as usual, I then jumped on Youtube to search for reviews and came upon this comparison clip. I thought others in the market might find it useful. There are some surprises in the opinions.

Good review. Pity my favourite reels Shimano didn’t take part though.

19 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Good review. Pity my favourite reels Shimano didn’t take part though.

Yeah, each to their own. It's a bit like cars, GM, Ford etc isn't it? Some love Shimano, some hate them, some love diawa, and on it goes. I'm not a fan of shimano at all, but that's just me.

Enjoy whatever it is you like hey.