Rod Issues

Fadzstar30

I purchased a new rod and reel yesterday from bcf. Unsure what's happened, but, when I put it predominantly in reverse keeps getting jammed. Literally first use.

Any ideas? Yes I went for my first beach fish yesterday yes there some sand in it but other than that didn't drop the reel, no physical damages on reel

I also note it's happening in reverse and normal whilst in reverse. Doesn't appear to be happening as often in normal mode with spool on but does happen.

Anyone have Any ideas?

@Kat @Old Scaley here's the video and the sounds.

Uhhh yes salt water I did put it in for 2 secs because I accidentally dropped it in the sand but it was like once and the end of a wave crash I didn't keep it in for more than 2 secs then today I rinsed it under the tap. I didn't know you couldn't put reels in salt water. Like I said it doesn't happen as much when it's in normal mode and when the spools on only when it's in reverse 

ontop of that today I dropped the spool separately and it dented 💔 🤮😔 legit feel cursed.

Thanks Kat - Far out now I gotta turn my "bargain reel" into $200 reel.

What reel is it? 

Pretty much all of the sub $200 ones have zero water or dirt protection for the bearings. 

Most of the rest have limited protection and it doesn't take a lot for bearings to corrode. 

A number of reels aren't even salt water approved, that's always, something to check out before buying one. 

I always wash my either before bringing them home or 1st thing when I got back. 

I'd keep some water and a rag in the Ute. 

Most bearings can be replaced pretty cheap and easily,theres plenty of youtube videos showing how to do it correctly.