A few Peel trips

Another Wazza

Hahahaha, it still hurts talking about the lost stonker,

the crabs I used were probably 40mm across, a few tense moments rigging them up though, little claws waving around violently trying to attack me, kind of like a yabby with the mega claw.

I know I’m playing with fire using the noodle, it’s only a matter of time before I get proper blown away, but it’s just so much fun.

15 hours ago, Another Wazza said:

I should mention too, the grinners were out of control!, I probably caught 12 all up, the day before I went out, my neighbour hit me up for some frames to put in her veggie patch to fertilise the soil,I don’t know if grinners are good for that, but I saw them as the perfect candidates, I took the fillets off them and froze them up for a mate to use when he goes fishing, and gave her the squire and grinner frames for her garden, sorted.

I can vouch for Grinner frames and veggie patches. Whenever we encounter these pests its the one saving grace. Our veggie patch goes gangbusters afterwards. Just get the frames down deep otherwise it attracts all the neighbourhood cats.

Some good catches and some great Pan size catches perfect for a feed. Interesting how you will just throw a plackie out that back whilst you are rigging up / do other things and this will sometimes pick up a fish for you just threw the drift or movement due to swell.

Would you be aiming to bouncing the plackie off the water or mid column?