Things you do for the wife

Bob9863

It really Ps me off that the 'regulators' can't work out a system for dealing with noxious fish.  I was at the fish dump at the Western end of Wyaralong lake a while ago (1,000 litre plastic bin) and it was two thirds full - some of those fish were absolutely huge, just rotting away in the sun (smell NOT good)...

I have heard that both Carp and Tilapia are poor eating due to the fact they are 'mudsuckers', but I read as long as you despatch them quickly with a knock to the head and then immediately drop them in an ice slurry, they're actually quite good eating.  

boleropilot

Actually tilapia are one of the best eating fish and the most farmed freshwater fish in the world. 

I've got a pond full of them  at the in-laws place (relax its in Thailand so all good there) and there's other species in their too but the talipa are what people want to eat. 

They are similar to redfin only they grow faster and bigger, but the flesh is pretty much identical.