Anybody fished Stumers Creek, Coolum?

charlie.hans.fishing

Hey everyone

I'll be going on a trip to Coolum beach in the Christmas holidays and I'm planning to get up before the crowd hits the beach most mornings and lure fishing the beach on the way until I reach Stumers Creek (which is a little while walk from the main coolum beach). 

I fished here around the same time last year with some plastics and had no luck. However when my dad and I switched to bait we managed a few whiting, however this was only at the following spots which were quite close to each other. 

image.png.7f95d0117810a87b0f435f6817a91f9c.png

Since then, I've acquired some higher quality gear which I'm excited to properly test out on the big hols. 

If you look on google maps, there's some more spots which may be accessible landbased:

image.thumb.png.6814d95bc8b7c6ad575460e1fc9346a9.png

I was just wondering if anyone has fished here and has some general advice with lures, and if there's preferred locations (landbased)??

Thanks, Charlie 

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

I used to live at Coolum (in 1984) and never fished Stumers Creek. However there were always bream to be caught in the surf where the creek comes out.

Good to see you thinking about holiday fishing already. haha

That's cool! 

I'll try the out the bream. 

Any tips for fishing along the beach there? or can general beach fishing rules be applied?