Hot Jack Morning.

FishingCrazy

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I see why you call yourself FishingCrazy. That was crazy. You did well to get the ones out you did.

How long do you reckon that big one was ? Looked well over 50.

Good to see a gold bomber still doing the business.

The gold bomber is a "golden oldie", its not expensive and comes with half descent trebles.

Im not good at guessing lengths of fish but would say in the low 50's, maybe 52cm to 54cm??  

But could be way off. lol

3 hours ago, Bretto77 said:

Awesome session. The gold bomber is a tried and tested old faithful. I can also recommend an orange and gold RMG scorpion, I found them to be a great old faithful as well. 

Well done 👍

Thanks for the info. How are the hooks and split rings on the RMG's, need to upgrade them??

I have only used the smaller RMG's and a descent cod or big flatty could straighten them. Hoping the larger ones are better.

9 hours ago, FishingCrazy said:

Thanks for the info. How are the hooks and split rings on the RMG's, need to upgrade them??

I have only used the smaller RMG's and a descent cod or big flatty could straighten them. Hoping the larger ones are better.

It's been a while since my lure fishing days mate, but I think from memory I did used to change the hooks on the larger lures out. From memory I might have gone to VMC? (Not 100% sure on the brand, but I wanted stronger and not heavier to maintain the action).  I never had a problem with the hooks on the smaller lures for sooties or coal grunter. I don't recall having a problem with split rings. That said we are talking 20 years since I spent any significant time lure fishing. These days I prefer to sit back with a beer and let a live bait swim😜