Lost Count at Hinze.

rayke1938

Just had a good morning at Hinze with Graham Pflaum and John Ford.

The water level has risen a few feet no no problems on the ramp.

We launched at 6am and proceeded to area opposite ramp and dropped live shrimp in 23 ft of water and were immediatley on to good fish.

We were only keeping fish over 35cm and by 6.20 we were bagged out.

Kept on fishing and upgrading and by 7.30 we were out of bait and had 6 bass over 40cm on the tether.

Also got a few tandanus which were released.

Threw some lures and spinnerbaits with no result and then went for a bit of a troll with no result.

Knocked off at 9am after best session that we have had for a while.

We were actually thinking of all of you hard at work.:woohoo:

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010831_AFO-496b4cc692f95884011379c65bd017a1.jpg

post-230-144598436121_thumb.jpg

Lukey wrote:

Nice session, good looking fish. But I'd rather be here at work :P
:huh:

Sounds like a good morning was had. I had to go in to work for a meeting and got involved in someones domestic. :S

Young blokes just wont follow good advice! Any form of fishing (including shiela's) should only ever be catch and release!

whatnow wrote:

would of been a great day how big was the biggest?

Ended up with 5 fish over 40 biggest 42 estimate between 40 and 50 fish caught.

With lures we tried spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, g vibes , jointed rapalas, deep divers and all in between with no interest at all. We were watching the gvibe in front of the fish on the sounder with no interest yet dtop a shrimp down and you could see the bass rise to it. Awesome.

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

Just had a good morning at Hinze with Graham Pflaum and John Ford.

The water level has risen a few feet no no problems on the ramp.

We were actually thinking of all of you hard at work.:woohoo:

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010831_AFO-496b4cc692f95884011379c65bd017a1.jpg

Yeah thinking of me so much you dropped into work just to tell me how much fun you had and I had my drees uniform on looking like a pansie. Gee I am glad someone had a good day.

BTW thanks for th esky back Ray. Cheers

Hinze bass don't eagerly hit lures cos theres nothing in the dam (except the bared grunter which the bass dont eat) that the lures can mimick, where as the shrimp are their natural food source.

So youll only get the occasional fish that is being overly teritorial attacking lures.

Archived