Big old venison freezer filler.

Bob9863

37 minutes ago, Bob9863 said:

Yes it's nice Sambar stag, the owner reckons it's one of the best ones to come off the place, so I'm very happy with it. 

Although now I'm spending a rainy Sunday cutting up a lot of stir-fry meat, and making sausage out of the trimmings. 

haha @Bob9863, there's always a price to pay, but still it's a productive and hopefully a satisfying way to spend a rainy Sunday.
I'm mostly doing rod repairs today 🙂

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Looks good and impressive.

Is he destined for the lounge-room wall or at the entrance ?

Funny thing, the only place it will fit inside is above our bed, the wife isn't on board with that for some reason. 😂

So he is going to be mounted on a big pine tree beside the house. 

55 minutes ago, Junky said:

What's your weapon of choice there Bob? 

Blaser K95 in 30/06, it suits my style of hunting. One shot so make it count and the 30/06 is big enough without being unpleasant to shoot from a 6lb set-up. 

IMG_20230507_000419.thumb.jpg.f5ee09930f07ae28a8f9ec3dda2da9e7.jpg

He cut up really well too. 

IMG_20230515_214543.thumb.jpg.f86e7711024ff635bfab80da15ea2d2b.jpg

I find it a nice in between calibre, it's, sort of the biggest of the medium and smallest of the big calibres. Has good energy out to 350m which is about as far as I would shoot these days and is plenty flat out to 500m. It's, no magnum but then like that fallow goes to show, it's less about what you hit them with and more about where you hit them. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bretto77 said:

Could be a deer operation to get that paddle back😉

I see what you did there. 😉

Might actually go Sunday actually, that will let me get a few things sorted out before I go. 

Give the quad a bit of a final adjustment, get the new rifle ready to zero, get an extra waterproof meat bag in my backpack ect. 

I'd love to catch him a trout, but I hate fishing on the weekend.