Whose fished Borumba?

Tim a

I have fished it but it was years ago but i know a few people that have fished it not that long ago

From what they told me it like most other dams fish the points deep for bass with crankbaits and spinnerbaits and the sticks for toga with spinnerbaits and surface lures

You most likely already knew all that anyway but thats my two cents

Fished it for a week around April caught heaps of bass around the points and also yellas and silvers, never got a toga there though as the water was starting to cool down but saw a couple around a metre cruising along the wall, awesome stuff. As Brian said expect lots of ski lice, I ended up having a run in with one at the ramp :evil:

Have also seen silvers caught, expect a crowd and ski lice this time of year. Lots of big Togas sunning themselves last time we were there. But they would scarper off as we tried to get close enough for a cast. Its SIP from memory, but look it up, my memory might be faulty.

Also little or no weed, little or no structure at the front of the dam, lots of lovely timber back of the dam. Its like a giant gravel pit filled with water. Try going left into a small little inlet just before it swings right into the main wooded area. (Good cliffs on the right before the timber as well) A lot of people miss this inlet, we have got toga in there before!

Also be careful amongst the sticks, once in to them (up to the right), there is a main creek bed with good depth, but it gets shallow quick once off track, and the trees dont really outline the creek bed.

Watch the ramp, it has a big drop off the end, if water level is below it, bank launching at the ramp is ok, but watch for big rocks.

Archived