Small Xmas Present NPD

Dinodadog

Had to exercise the legs this am so I thought I'd take them out to the dam.

After thrashing my way through a few hundred mts of 7ft high jungle I arrived at the waters edge, then I had to jump about a bit to flatten the grass to give myself room to cast. By this time I was nackerd and ready to head home, but I heard santa say have a cast you have been a good boy this year.

So first cast a 35cm bass,2nd a 35cm,3rd,4th and 5th simular size fish, then nothing for an hour,just about to go and they came back, managed to get another 1/2 doz no whoppers but thanks santa I am still a beleiver.

All fish caught slow rolling in about 8ft of water.

First 5 caught on 1/2oz light purple s/bait and the rest on 1/2 oz gold s/bait with smoke slider trailer.

Best part no puncture wounds in leggs.

Dinodadog

Haha. I reckon if you put the razor away for a bit you could actually be Santa LOL. And a brave one at that. I like to leave the long grass alone until it's a bit cool;)

No doubt the cliche is true though - Fortune favours the brave. It certainly favoured you by the sounds of it. Good one.:)

Tim I knew it would be tough but I was bored ha ha

ellicat you don't know how right you are I am trying to loose the 5kg I put on while I was away.

Brian I actualy went out to try for a toga that's why I was fishing so shallow, but there is alot of water to o so few toga.

Stu as reported before, when a quail flies up in front of you it sends the hair up on your neck,thankfully snakes don't fly.

Dino

Well done Dino.

Its been a month since I have been to NPD, and that long grass ain't gonna be any shorter.:cheer:

Itching to have a crack before xmas, so it was good to read that you have got a few. I want to keep my perfect record- never not caught a bass in all of my trips there over the last couple of years :laugh: and I know how slow it has been lately.

Not sure why? Anyone?

Chris

For 5 years fishing out of boats at NPD in summer we were unable to find big fish [except for a rare few now and again] We searched the water from one end of our territory to the other. We could locate fish on the sounder, but they were nearly always small to medium. Then as soon as the temp started to drop they would meticuliously reappear. My and I say my theory is they sit on the bottom and ignore all offerings. Ray may agree with this or he may have his own theory. Also we were not allowed in a lot of other areas in our boats. Hope this helps.

Dino

Archived