Sommerset, 12.01.08-Bassin'

Ash

Hi all,

Ausboy and myself will be heading to Sommerset this saturday morning. Gonna hit the woods in search of bass and what ever else takes our lures! Cant wait.

Just a question, if i want to fish the timber areas north of Kirkleagh, wheres the best place to launch the boat?

The kirkleigh ramp is at the camping grounds. It is now well and truly in the water. Don't know the name of the road to the camp grounds but there is a sign on the main road where the turn off is.

I heard that once the run off has stopped and the rubbish that has entered the dam has settled some that they are going to lift the 6 knot limit north of kirkleigh.:)

also I found this info, don't know if it is still like this,

" all day visitors have free entry but the area is secured with a boomgate, so the day before you head up you will need to require a pass code from the Lake Somerset Holiday Park for early entry into the camp grounds as the office does not open till 7.30.

Please check the link below , organise a passcode , all that is required is your car registration number."

/>http://www.lakesomerset.com.au

Matt

dont go the esk way ash thats about 1/2hr slower go splityard creek way past fernvale abit over the bridge and turn right that will take you just about to the bottom of the dam than follow the road along the dam till you turn off at the camp grounds at kirkleigh.(its the back way around wivenhoe )

Sweet thanks guys. Its a bummer thats that you cant get the boat permits till about 7/730! Last time we were there the rangers were at the ramp and we bought it there. You should be able to buy it over the net like you can with the fishing permit. make life so much easier!

Archived