Spinners or SP's for Toga?

Ash

I dont know the sizes to be honest, but i use Kokoda spinners. Not expensive and do a great job.

I use yellow/green, black/yellow/ purple/red colours. That said these are for bass and Yella. Im kinda hoping they work on Toga too, that way i dont have to buy a heap of new lures!

Well Ash my plan of attack for toga's is as follows:

Poppers 50mm in length in a few different colours(good chance that the bass will keep me busy while I'm waiting for the toga's)..;)

Spinnerbaits in dark colours, I hear that purple is the no1 toga colour used with a quick retrieve as to create some bow wash.

Last but not least some shallow diving minnows nothing that dives over a metre.

Yeah that pic Stu showed is one method but the way starlo and those guys do it is with one of these.

/>http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-GOGL.html

I think it's only really used with the shads though because the hook curves around with the body and the tip sits flush with the top. I've used one of these to rig a frog weedless too and it works well but haven't caught anything on it yet.

Ash wrote:

Ive noticed that people are having great success with togas, some useing spinners, others using Sp's.

What do you guys have the most success on?

And why do you think theyve worked so well on the toga, compared to the alternitives?:)

Ash I think it depends on which dam you are fishing. Spinners work best in Hinze because there are lots of bugs, spiders and grasshoppers that make their way into the food chain. Other dam sthat have stocked bait fish will fish differently. [img size=457]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/toga2-cf10d61c1ff15aa808faf90664b5d1a6.JPG

post-118-144598440241_thumb.jpg

Archived