Aussie Fishing Park Bli Bli

shortie

Ok guys i heading to Nambour for Work on Friday.

The job will take approx 3 hours.

Then im hitting the Fishing Park chasing some Barra.

I will have a couple of spare seats in the car for anyone interested.

I can drop you off at the park, then go do my training then come back for a fish myself.

The offeres open for anyone interested.

3 seats available at this stage. Will know if there is a 4th seat available soon.

Richard.

Kevin.I can have you back by 6.

The park open at 9.

I plan on leaving Brisbane around 6.

1.5 Hours drive.

So arriving about 7:30.

I can drop anyone interested at the river whilst i go work. And pick ya up and go to the park after ive finished. Then we can get amongst some barra.

Cost is $35 per adult all day.

If we leave Nambour by 3:30 to 4 you will be home in plenty of time.

Richard.

hey kev are you gonna target barra only??

i went there last week and from what happened to me i wouldnt even bother lure fshing in big boys pond not one got pulled out of there all day if you want barra on lures stick to barra creek. berly up the area with 6 or so pellets but dont keep throwing them in you will only feed them. cast out your swim it to depth thin flick your rod tip then pause and let the lure suspend. try to use barbless hooks and a thin gauge for ease of penetration and ease of release.

if yoru interested in some other species go fish the mixed species pond there ar over 40 species in there but i dont know how prolific some of them are. i know for a fact that there are huge bream flathead and barra in there aswell as some pretty hefty GT's, Tarpon, Giant herring, milkfish, jewfish, the guy even said there are snapper in there so who knows what you might catch

good luck kev take som egood photos.

there are NO snags pretty much.

thats the one thign me and my dad were not very happy with there is no where for the fish to have structure in barra creek or big boys pond.

mixed species has some nice drop offs and weed beds but make sure if your wading through weed beds wear big tuff shoes as i saw a mid crab that would have taken my foot off. bloody huge thing would have been bigger than my wde brimmed hat.

shortie wrote:

Kev,

I will pick you up a 6am.

Im taking only 6lb gear. should be a bit of fun.

Also maybe take the fly rod as well.

this is what i'll do :laugh:

i will take off my 23lb varivas casting pe..........

and check every cm of it to make sure it's in good condition

then put it bakc on:P

i'll oil my reel to make the most of its casting performance.

the last thing to do...

put 1.9m of 20lb vanish on as leaderB)

Dunno about these days, but originally one of the ponds was a self sustaining ecosystem, they did not feed any of the fish, they just stocked mullet and other breeds to create a food chain from the weedeaters all the way up to barra.

If they still have that pond it would be the one for lures / bait I'd reckon!

Archived