Is the logan river worth shark fishing?

a10tion_2_detail

Having lived in the logan area for some time now...Ive heard stories of sharks from the size of tiddlers to just over the metre mark - being caught in the upper logan river. I, myself have not done so as yet but have always been interested in finding out....So.....Id love to find out more and especially of particular areas that are of worth. :) [img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Sharks_20arm.jpg

post-2604-144598441467_thumb.jpg

Considering many over the the 1m mark are caught in the Brisbane River i dont see why not in the logan.

a10tion_2_detail you may be interested to know that a 2.9m Bullshark was caught only weeks ago in the Brisbane River Classic by a site member :)

Welcome board by the way.

Angus

i fished at marks rocks all sunday with no result. I had some nice livies out as well that any fish would find first class, at least thats what i thought.

Any tips on how to get a better result? Is fishing at night the only option for good results?

Also do you fish right on the hole at marks rocks or are there better spots up/down river of the area?

Cheers

Nick

• 2 months later...

for the logan river night fishing is the go for sharks hit marks just before high tide to do your cast netting for livies anchor up anywhere in the location i found just off to the side of the deep hole out of the main current flow this help your livies stay alive longer there will be no action till the tide turns although i here you may pick up the odd jew in that time when in turns thats when the sharks will come out but they dont seem to stick around long any more you'll here them breaking the surface when feeding on prawns and mullet they are so thick sometimes you can smell the mercury in the water .... im not kidding .

Better be quick though they be moving out of the creeks shortly as the water temp drops

Hi Nick,

Just be mindful of the moon phases a little too mate! You may have just had an off day but the moon does play a substantial part in the equation. Small moons have generally been more conducive in my experience. Other factors might be all the rain we had on saturday and you may enjoy targeting your fishing toward dawn and dusk, or night time. I've never fished at Marks so I can't suggest more than that mate.

Be sure to use plastic coated wire also!

Good luck with it!

James

• 1 month later...

I've caught them in the Logan many times. For me best times are early morning and late afternoon going into night. My best results come a few hours either side of the high tide when there isn't as much current. I use half pilchards for bait and usually works best. Stinking hot days early morning seem to send them wild

Archived