Nudgee Creek, 10.02.08

Ash

I was supposed to be testing out the new yak this weekend up in the fresh, but due to the upper reaches being reported as recieving heaps of rain, and the flu taking out one of the guys coming, and the Wii hurting the shoulder of another, i decided to go to Nudgee Creek for a few hours.

Started at Shultz and paddled out and across, then realised it was low tide meant id need to pull the yak across sandflats to get to the mouth. Finally got there and started to yak/fish. Very happy with the yaks maiden voyage, had a ball and loved every moment. It was amazing to see how close you get to big (and i mean BIG) rays in a foot of water before they scoot off!

Paddled up the creek and targeted some good looking snags and mangroves.

First fish of the day was a toad fish, on a small no name HB. I cant beleive how many toadies are in the creek. Schools of them!

From there found some rock walls and dropped a couple of Bream before finally getting one in, caught on the Strike king bleeding series. Spent the rest of the time investigateing the creek, and found that when followed, it'll take me right oppositte the the park on shultz, which is where i originally took started. Went a little bit further up stream and started to target a nice big snag. On the third cast got slammed, but i had forgotten to tighten the drag and whatever it was was in the snags before i had a chance. [img size=410]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NudgeCreek10.jpg

post-81-144598443512_thumb.jpg

Nice one man. Sorry again for bailing. But based on how i was when i woke up this morning it was the right move. Good to see some more SK action in the salt. I am going to get google maps cranking over time and find some more creeks like that. I reckon some of the ones further north of Ningi creek could be good.

Angus

Ash, Have been looking for a yak entry level for a couple of weeks.

Do you mind if i ask where ya got, it how much etc?:)

If ya into yaks you should check out AKFF website Aust kayak fishing forum also has sat maps etc for members!

I love this site don't get me wrong:unsure:

Ash wrote:

It was amazing to see how close you get to big (and i mean BIG) rays in a foot of water before they scoot off!

Haha, makes me wish I had a spear with me sometimes.. Saw a big one in the passage yesterday.

Nice to see you have a yak now mate! Will have to hit up some fishing trips sometime:)

Archived