Arvo sesh to remember.

pinkey

hey guys, this arvo a few mates and I went down to the breaky creek area, out of boredom to see if we could raise a bream or two..

When we arrived, jason (nuckle) had already got a rougly 25cm bream on a gulp 3icnh minnow, it was looking good, a little while later i caught my biggest cod from the brisbane reigen on lure at 30cm.. a good tussle on 2lb ;), had a little poddy down its gob aswell. It then went quite for a while untill something that i wont be forgeting soon happend.. I pitched a long cast paralel to the bank, got a got whack wich connected for about 3 seconds then dropped, callum then fired a cast in the same area and hooked up to the greedy 23cm bream.. next thing ya know, in 50cm of water a 3foot bullie follows it in and tries to have a go, callum yanks the bream out of the water in fear of loosing his chubby :P, Then jason ties a hook to his 10lb fluro leader o.O and sends the bream back out it starts half heartdly floating/swimming on the surface, it then sped off, and we knew what was about to happen, just a few meters from thee bank the bullie comes up and smashes the bream off the surface.. it was an awsome sightt taking a good 20m of drag off jasons sol loaded with 4lb :P then snap, no chance. One of the coolest things ive ever seen. After that jason got a solid 28cm bream and we had to leave. Wish we got the shark on vid, it was an awsome sight. Ill post pics of the boring shark bycatch :P.

chubbstar wrote:

I'm sure you mean that the bream you put back out as bait was 28cm "legal" ;)

A bit of a type-o there mate, People may think we encourage illegal fishing on site:blink:

Would have been an awesome sight, Good report and trip, Well done:)

Jayson

:dry: :S

huh?

That's so cool:ohmy:

Do you think that you managed to set the hook on it or did it just take the Bream and run?

And we know all about the "things you'll do for $20" call. Jack once got an x-rap snagged and just as he was about to get into the water (schulz), a 3.5' Bullie jumped in front of him:blink:

no worrys ;). 23cm is fairly small, but bream are one of the best small shark baits so it keeps the sharko's happy.

Dont think he set the hook, think the sharked grabbed the bream by the head and ran , the hook was in the tail end. poor little breambo, i noticed he ran realy fast for a bream when callum was winding him in, must of known there was a shark on his tail :S. :D

Archived