Long Live The (Strike) King

chubbstar

This thread discusses the Content article: Long Live The (Strike) King

Looks like The Strike King range are doing well.

Any other members had much luck with them in Salt and what was you using?

I'm not realy a Bream fisho, but what do you recommend out of the HB's and SP's for Snapper or Jacks?

A great read Angus, Thanks mate. I'll be talking with you soon about buying some of these goodies;):woohoo:

Jayson

Also for other saltwater options ill wait and see if Jimmybob and Ash put their 2 cents in.

I have caught moses perch and bream on the Bleeding Pro Model Crank Bait.

Ash has caught whiting and cod on the Bitsy Minnow.

And Jimmybob has caught bream on the Bleeding Pro Model as well. (In the shallower diving model).

Angus

Done mate. couple of Eyeball Bios in 5".

MMMM Bush'n'Beach cover shot, Me holding a HUGE Snapper with a Strike King Eyeball Bio hanging from its mouth:woohoo: :laugh:

FOTM, Me holding a HUGE COD with Strike King Eyeball Bio hanging from its mouth.:woohoo:

Escape with ET, pic of me holding a Mangrove Jack with a "I think you get the drift" :P

Jayson

PS I hope they work :blink: :laugh: :laugh:

Eyeballs are not Strike King. They are Eco Products through shipton trading.

But we had success on them as well.

Stu got some good flatties in the river mouth.

Jimmybob got some good fish in the Bribie passage. Cant remember what though..

And Tanya and I have got plenty of Bream and Flatties at Straddy :)

Angus

the bleeding pro model i've scored some nice bream..a nice rattle which i like...and it goes the perfect depth on the mud/sand flats on the high tide...and along the sandgate foreshore bouncing off the rubble just north of the shorncliffe jetty gets the bream going..thu i only do it at night,,,i seem to get more bream at night on the fatter lures like the bleeding strikeking than the skinner profiles..at night anyway

Angus wrote:

Eyeballs are not Strike King. They are Eco Products through shipton trading.

But we had success on them as well.

Stu got some good flatties in the river mouth.

Jimmybob got some good fish in the Bribie passage. Cant remember what though..

And Tanya and I have got plenty of Bream and Flatties at Straddy :)

Angus

:ohmy: You've got to be sh!tting me:blush: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well I'd like to add to my order Please Angus. Will I email the extra item? or go back into the shop?

Thanks for the info Jimmy

Jayson

I wonna catch something on Strike king!!:woohoo:

bigtez wrote:

If I was to place an order for some strike king lures through the AFO shop tomorrow would they arrive before Thursday next week? I am fishing the sommerset comp and need to stock up on a few lures.

Cheers

Terry

Thier quick mate, but with the extra long weekend I dont like your chances:( PM Angus he maybe able to help:woohoo:

Jayson

Bigtez: Yeah man. If they are Strike King. The Damiki's will be a little longer as they are not in the country yet.

But if you order Strike Kings, even with the holiday at the latest they would arrive is next wednesday.

Just so everyone knows the go with the Strike King postage, its all Express Post. So in theory a 24 hour turn around. I have stupulated 2-3 days of course in case of scenarios like holidays or just not being able to get to the post office.

Bigtez: The Red Eye Shads worked well for me at Baroon Pocket Dam on bass.

Let us know how you do in the comp Strike King lures or no though mate :)

Angus

Good for you mate!!

Mate if you put in a Strike King order I will put the order through to Rob immediately as well as call him to ensure he sends it ASAP.

As its a comp you prob cant troll?

If not best lure options are going to the:

Diamond Shads

Red Eye Shads

Bledding Spinner Baits.

Use the shads like any other lipless crank baits and cast the spinner baits at every point possible!

Angus

Big tez the bass might be hard to tempt at somerset next weekend after 2000 people there over easter making it a washing machine might shut them down just look for drop-offs into the river bed and the flats above should be a good chance of finding bass

And to stick to the topic just received some strike king products looking forward to nailing some fish on them soon cheers Angus for the speedy delivery

Thanks STU. I am fishing this comp as a non boater so i won't have much say in where we fish. Will keep that in mind as a suggestion for my boaters though.

It should be very tough getting a fish next weekend, not only is there the traffic on the water this weekend but there is a jetski race meet on as well. Half the damn will be bouyed off to keep us fishos out. Unfortunately the area that they will be in is where the fish have been coming from lately.

Thanks Angus.

Archived