grinners wat are they good for

Mack_attack

I caught one of these in the gold coast seaway on the weekend ... actually I think it was a Varigated Lizardfish, man what a set of needle teeth. It was about 30cm long... I have a picture of it in my now soaking wet phone. :evil:

Post edited by: Mick, at: 2006/09/26 15:50

• 6 months later...

i was showing some fishing pics to my work mates and a indian lady noticed a pic of a grinner...she wants me to bring her a couple so she can make \"bombay duck\"..she reckons its a popular dish in india....il get her some next time im out at mud island and il give the dish a try but im not expecting it to be fantastic or nuttin:sick: ......speaking of grinners...once while chasing snapper @ mud island there were hoardes of the suckers....i once put a sour grub ( like thoses lolly snakes) on a jig head and got crap loads of em on them...it was sort of funny at the time...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently if you can rig them up right they make really good troll baits for mackrel and tuna as some of the other guys have said. Bout a year ago we were catching heaps of them over the atificial reef at Moreton and we smacked one on the head to kill it and threw it back. Next thing a massive blue-fin tuna looking thing, smashed it about 2 meters from the boat! If only there was a hook in it!

• 7 years later...

Archived