Come in spinner Spinnerbaits.

rayke1938

Purchased a couple of spinnerbaits made by a couple of locals up in Toowoomba.

They are slightly different in their construction.

There is a full loop in the main body so that you can use a clip making it easier to change from a spinner bait to a h/b lure.

The jig head component is attached to the frame by a clip so that you can change to different colours.

They do not paint their jig heads as they say it makes no difference to the catch rate and they only get chipped with use.

Here is a link to their website. Its worth while just to see the whopper cod

comeinspinner-spinnerbaits.blogspot.com

Cheers

Ray

http://www.comeinspinner-spinnerbaits.blogspot.com/

post-230-144598448671_thumb.jpg

Their the mob on the Truth mats, only has a mobile number on the mat, so now I know what their stuff looks like!

What do they cost, and where in Toowoomba do you get them? I'll be there a couple of weeks before the Carp cull, might get a couple for "by catch" during the comp!

This is from active angler website. O spoke to Paul and did a bank transfer and they arrives next day. $3 postage for 2 and they cost $10 each. I was going to check them out in esk and paul said that he didnt have a big range there.

Below is a little bit about 'Come In Spinner' Spinnerbaits:

Come in spinner baits started with Paul Mundey 3 years ago who was purely frustrated with spending up to $16 on spinner baits.

He decided to manufacture his own which turned out at times quite frustrating designing & finding reliable suppliers.

After much field work he realised how well they worked on bass. He then tried using them on other species i.e. Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Barra and Saratogas with amazing success.

He then decided to go into business but it turned out to be to big of a job for 1. 6 months ago Darryl joined the business after trying them in bass comps and won over by regularly getting 6 / 6.

The spinnerbaits have had much success and regularly landing a couple of 15-20 pound Murray Cod in a afternoon session.

Paul lives in Toowoomba and Darryl has recently moved to Hervey Bay 1 month ago. Darryl will be looking after the Wide Bay & Paul doing the Darling Down areas.

How do 'Come In Spinner' Spinnerbaits work?

The wobbling, silver-flashing blade of my spinner bait humped up an impressive wake as it cut a path over the submerged drop offs. Halfway back to the boat, I noticed it was being tailgated by a much bigger wake, so I slowed it down a tad. A green shadow engulfed the silver flash in an explosion of water and mud. The big Murray Cod seemed as angry and hungry, given the way it tried to demolish the spinner bait.

This harness spinner gives anglers considerable versatility. It swivels against the large Colorado blade and jig head giving it an enormous vibration, which allows you to slow roll it in a enticing way. Since the components can separate, anglers can switch jig heads or skirts easily to adapt to changing conditions. If anglers see baitfish of a particular colour, they can easily remove one plastic skirted jig head and slip on another that more closely resembles the dominant bait and depth you want to target. They can resume casting in seconds without retying. A loop in the harness can allow you to use a snap swivel if you need to change harness size. Since the harness loosely attaches to the jig head, it also stands up to the abuse that fish can inflict upon a lure with their powerful jaws.

This spinner bait rank among the most versatile baits on the market. Anglers can use them around thick cover to coax reaction strikes or in open water. Around thick weed, anglers can buzz them or “wake†them just below the surface. Where there is submerged weed, it’s best to run baits just over the tops of weed tips, barely touching them.

Though spinner baits can excel in extremely shallow water, they work effectively in deeper water, too. In deep water, or when cold temperatures make fish lethargic, try “slow-rolling†your spinner bait with a steady retrieve just off the bottom. You want to barely turn the blades with the occasional pause. Let the Spinner bait occasionally hit the bottom, making a mud trail. Slow rolling works exceptionally well when you run the Spinner bait along drop-offs, parallel to banks or other structures.

/>http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/activeangler/tiledcomeinspinner.jpg

Below is a range of colour patterns available at present:

/>http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/activeangler/comeinspinnercolours.jpg

Where can you purchase them from?

:@: Somerset Dam General Store @ Esk via Kilcoy Road Somerset Dam QLD Ph: 0754260176

:@: Borumba Dam Camping Grounds - Bob & Dawn Ph 0754845106

:@: Lake Somerset Holiday Park @ Camping Grounds Kiosk Ph 0754971093

:@: Baileys Key Hardware @ 20 William St Crows Nest QLD Ph 0746981175

:@: Brisbane Valley Hire @ Esk QLD Ph 0754241648

:@: Warwick Outdoor & Sports @115 Palmerin St Warwick QLD Ph 0746613533 fax 0746611419

:@: Leslie Dam @ Warwick Ph: 0746617844 mobile 0418870354

:@: Fish 'N' Bits Bait & Tackle @ 340 Alderley St Toowoomba QLD Ph 0746366850

OR

If you are not located in any of the above areas, you can private message Paul or Darryl directly through ActiveAngler.net or phone:

- Paul on 0437 226 798

- Darryl on 0437 638 938

The guys who make the spinners called in and spoke to me at the family pub we own out back of Toowoomba a couple of months before xmas, they put a few photo's of big bass, cod and barra caught from the dams around here as well as Awoonga up on our fishing photo board and asked if they couyld leave a couple with me to put up and sell. They sold pretty quickly at $10 a piece from all reports they do the job. They sold before i had the chance to put one in the tackle box, which reminds me I need to call him and get a few more dropped off to the pub.

Archived