What's a Profish 45 without a Flattie

Brian D

Rocket75 wrote:

Good lizzard mate, What did you catch him on? I'm not sure I'd want a live flatty thrashing around in a yak with such close proximity to such vital organs...how did he taste?

Nice pics mate.

Rod I was dragging a X-rap 10 gold and black while flicking a sx40 around. BTW the well is deep enough for the nads to be safe. I ended up giving the feed to a couple of locals who live on the marina and the chef cooked me a nice steak for lunch. :)

Angus what's a enchelon? Do you mean the rod - it's one of the rods I won 2006 BRC. The reel is a elcheapo phfluger thing that is only good for trolling, it can't cast for crap. Actual that set up lives with the yak, permenantly set up with a trolling lures. Drag is burnt out and the cast control doesn't work but does the job in the yak. If you are thinking of buying one - don't, elcheapo piece of rubbish. (compared to my black sheep and the HRF):P :P

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3150051_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598448728_thumb.jpg

Thanks again guys and on ya Biggles, I'll look for the report.

Elli the yak captures are a lot easier then the canoe captures, less of a side to lean over so there is no tipping. The bigger fish, when bought along side the yak, tend to behave and I just slide my hand under and lift, it's onlywhen they get in the yak they jump around. The Toga I cought jumped clean out of the boat then back in. This flattie thrashed a bit but the live well was up to it.

Archived