Another Braid Question

fishyman

hey guys,

well i am buying the new twinpower very soon and the only bad thing is no spare spool :( so my question here is, what braid should i get?

the catches are, that it will be used for both bream and snapper so it must be thin enough to cast light lures but strong enough to handle some decent drag targeting the snapps. Price wise anything under 60 bucks would be great seeing as this reel is costign me nearly 400 :ohmy: :huh: :dry:

i was thinking 8lb Sunline Super PE as it breaks above its rated strength. TD sensor has been recomended but its a bit more expensive.

Is Nitlon any good and what sort of price?

and has anyone tried the Yamatoyo Super PE (blue stuff) and is it worth the extra money?

just trying to get my head around a few things

The Nitlon stuff is incredible:woohoo:

If you go 8 or even 10lb with it, you'll be able to land Snapper and it'll be thin enough for Bream as well:)

I've got the 4lb stuff, and I wish I got 6lb or 8lb. 4lb is good and all, but if I'd know it would be so thin, I could have gone heavier:silly:

Might be abit pricey though:dry: I can't remember its price exactly:S

actually shrimpo, if u have a look at the price of repair parts of good reels, u won't be surprised. i have ordered some screws and 1 drag washer and that cost me 20 bucks.

1 ball bearing in a calais 100a cost 40aud. a upper frame's 60. left sideplate's 80 and right sideplates's 140. a spool of the baitcaster's 90 ( no ball bearing, no drag like spinning reels. nothing, just spool)

I would stay away from Sunline Super PE, Castaway and Nitlon under 12lbs. I have used 10lbs Nitlon which is very similar to Sunline and had a lot of wind knot troubles. However Nitlon and Sunline Super Pe in 15lbs is brilliant stuff.

Castaway is a bit dearer but you get what you pay for.

15lbs Sunline Super PE is the way to go, it will manage Snaps and you wont have any casting issues

my 2 cents anyway

Dunno about IGFA rating on braid, cant say I've ever seen any that is rated. Probably not sold in the "low end" shops I frequent!

Wouldn't be a problem for me though, if I bought a twin power, the only line I could afford for it would be Jarvis Walker mono!

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

most good braid's IGFA rated, this includes almost all JDM braid u can get and some US ones like Powerpro.

Are you sure power pro is IGFA Kev? I tried it out this morning and it casts really nicely, better than Tuff line believe it or not.

Archived