river prawns

brisfisher

hi all,went down to west end to chase a few threaddies this morinin.it was lookin good as the river was full of prawns,so i was hopin the threaddies wernt to far behind:) managed to round up bout a kilo of good sized prawns within the first ten casts.within 10minutes of puttin a few live prawns for a swim i was on,felt like a good fish until it tore through the leader:angry: shark!good to see there stil around but not what i was after.after that it was a long wait between fish but the catfish were happy to play...very fustrating.finally hooked sumthin witha bit of go,slowly the familliar golden glow of a threadfin rose out of the murkey depths.only a little fella but it was what i was after:)tried to release him but the hook was right down his throat n after 10minutes of swimmin him he kept floatin belly up:( he wasnt gonna swim away and was well ova legal size,so looks like im havin threadfin for dinner tonite...

cheers brisfisher [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_001_AFO-d011109b06b209b7f549f9771e7dba59.jpg

post-2291-144598451733_thumb.jpg

Yeah I agree. I used to do a lot of fishing opposite at Toowong.

Also around from West End in Yeronga there are some sweet little actual sand beaches on "The Esplanade". I have caught loads of vermin there and saw a guy catch a 60cm ish Jewy on a live mullet when I was verminating.

Angus

Archived