Schulz 10/4

Cowfish13

I'll just do a short report (footy shows on:woohoo:)

Took my Cod/Snapper gear down to Schulz to target some Cod and Jack's so I was using a 3-6kg rod with 15lb braid with 16lb fluro leader. Nothing on the Jackall Chubby, nothing on various plastics (Squidgies and Gulps) and nothing on my Megabass X80:(

So I put on a Smith Camion to target some smaller fish. Got a couple of tiny Winter Whiting on it, but I think they were attacking it terratorially (is that even a word:huh::lol:) because there was no way that the Camion was gonna fit in their mouths:lol:(they were only about 10 and 8cm long:lol:). Then got a good hit, hooked up and reeled in a nice 27cm Bream. Who says you need light leader to catch Bream on lures!!:D. He had a sore on his tail though. Probably was from a parasite, not another fish though. Looked like an infection from when the parasite fell off. A bit later, I hooked up again. This time it was a fat, healthy 28cm Breambo:).

It was a good day, despite being slow at first. I was there from about 12:30-3:45pm. The fish came in the last hour as the tide was dropping off. Note to self, don't bother at Schulz on the top of the tides:huh:

I'll chuck up some pictures tomorrow when I get a chance

Thanks for reading:)

Whiting are crazy. At nudgee creek you catch heaps of them on hard bodies some around that size some just legal. Such aggressive fish they smash the lures like crazy.:cheer: I'd love to find a spot where there were good numbers of bigger ones.

Archived