Dohles SPOT X Part 2

reef_raider

well after our success on wednesday brad and myself decided we would go and hit up our spot again today

arrived around 9:30 to a low tide so did a bit of walking trying to find some deep banks

finally found a good looking one and proceeded to throw various plastics, i tied on a 1/12 head with a 55mm squidgy wriggler in carrot colour.. one of my favourites.

surely enough i get hit first cast but no hook up a few casts later and im on, took a bit of manouvering around the mangroves but finally got a shot at it with the lip grip when *SPLASH* brad falls in hahahaha made my day!

anyway got the lizard up and it measured 53cm, a quick photo and back she went.

a few casts later and bang brads on! a short tussle and up comes a healthy 55cm lizard.. and sure enough a few casts later i was on again, this time only a little guy at 39cm then brads turn again with a 38cm flattie

after a while with nothing we decided to move spots not long before brad was on again with a nice 44cm flattie, and then a few casts later he pulled up another little guy around 37cm

i had a bit of catching up to do now but it was ok because once we moved spots again it took 3 casts and i was on to a nice little bream of around 25cm.. from there things slowed right down and for the rest of the day i landed two more flathead, one around 30cm and the other around 40cm

although it wasnt as productive as wednesdays session it was still great fun!

SCORE: Jake - 4 flathead 1 bream

Brad - 4 flathead

Stayed tuned for a part 3 :P

pics to come...

Archived