Re:Yakking Albert

Brian D

Not many mate, the water temp has dropped heaps and the fish were sluggish, they wake up soon but. I ended with 3 onboard and 1 next to the craft and Mrs Chilli got towed around by something big only to loose it yak side. Plenty of slaps to say "bugger off" but not many aggressive strikes.

I thought that was you up there today but i wasnt sure till i got halfway back to the car and remembered seeing the afo sticker on the yak good to see you got something though. There are a fair few carp up there mate that may have been what towed mrs chilli around they give you a bit of stick.

Tyrion

Lee the biggest I have caught in the Albert is about 40cm and man he was a mess. Have a look at his condition.

It's a fare paddle hey Tyrion, we stopped just past the goats about 15 mins from the top bridge, you were the only person we saw. Mrs Chilli said she saw her fish and it wasn't a bass but she can't describe it, however she is sure it's not a carp because she knows what a carp looks like :S

Wayne she paddles just fine, better then I expected. Not quite as compfy as the profish but I adjusted the seat the wrong way and the back rest was "soft" so I'll have another go at adjusting and see how she is next week. It certianly easier to get out from under the trees. The turning cycle is great, the stability is great and the clear working deck is great too. She'll be getting another rod holder before the next trip. I'll mount the sounder permanently, I might remove the front webbing as it get caught in the lantana and that's about it. Pretty sweet craft. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PA140059_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598453662_thumb.jpg

G'day Brian

Some nice Bass mate, I don't have a yak as yet but I do have a 3.50m tinnie that I'm fixing up, do ya reckon that it would go alright in the Albert I have olny seen what it looks like from the weir and the little bridge on Chardon Bridge Road. Would it get to shallow for a tinnie in between??? I'll try to attach a photo of it.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/My_Tinnie_AFO.jpg

post-2060-144598453676_thumb.jpg

The tinny above would be good for the stretch upstream from the causeway...but thats about it. There are a few other small pools that you could fish from it, but the effort to get it in/out would make this not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the comments about the videos too guys...I try and take the camera along on most trips! You would be suprised what lures will work in there.

As for the big Bass...they are in there! But they dont get big by being dumb. My biggest from there is 47cm, however a little skinny, but still a nice fish by any means. If you want the 40+ models theres only one piece of advice I will give.

Fish the darkness of a no moon! Just watch out for the Luscombe Yeti.

But with the closed season fast approaching and the night time temps getting a little on the chilli factor, you dont have much time left for this season. Your chances would be better during the hot summer nights, you just have to do battle with the mozzies...and we grow them pretty big in this neck of the woods.

Loomis is a bit more generous then me, I say no to the boat. You will only be able to fish a very small area. You would do better in Hinze. This part of teh Albert is very shallow (1-3 foot), there are a couple of deeper spots but you will have to drag the boat over rocks to get to the pool. I'll take a shot of the water depth next trip.

About the tinny - may I suggest you dampen the noise factor down with some carpet and a false floor. ;) The natives spook real easy.

Archived