brissy river, 11th April

Ash

hey all,

Myself george and saxon went out friday night in search of Jewies and we were looking forward to the hunt. UNforetunetly we seem to have been the only ones this weekend NOT to catch any jew!:laugh:

I finally managed to learn how to use the cast net, fisrt cast big ol' prawn about 20cm long, sweet! big jewie, big prawn. Sat on a nice3 whole near Norman creek, and wait and wait wait, bang, im on! No drag being pulled, damn, bream. Still, went to 39cm, very happy but wouldve been more fun on lite gear. Nothing happens for an hour so we give up on the jews and go to my bream spot.

Smaller hooks and smaller bait got the bream happening, all of us caught a few. George got snapped off by something large and as he was using 14lb braid and 20 lb mono leader, must have been decent.

Got bored and tired about 3am, and the Jew obviously werent there:huh: :huh: :huh:

A good night out just no jew. Good job on those who did catch jewies, il be heading out there again next weekend to try again!

pics pleaase, you could also try sp, the ones that were working for jery; and myself were the gulp shrimps in new penny, and ill deff be going again this friday night aiming for threaddies but i now know that my threaddie spot also has jewies hehehe

no no pics as such. took some on the phone but with no light and a crap flash they didnt turn out that good. Sat 25th ill be going back out, there were a few spots ive marked out i wanna hit. Some nice deep holes and now i know i can catch live bait, it'll be even better!

Archived