dirty water plastics?

brisfisher

hi all,

got my first day off in ages today,had a bit of a sleep in but the plan was to throw some plastics around west end. arrived at bout 11ish started throwin round a squidgy wriggler in neon green off the sand bank(figured strong colours in dirty water)after bout halfhour n not a single hit decided a lure change was the go;) squidgy shad in pink,rubbed a bit of scent hopin for the best:unsure: wasnt to be n after 2hrs and numerous lure changes the fish couldnt find the lure:( it was worth a go as this particular spot usually produces some quality fish on livies:huh: oh well theres always the weekend to try:P

cheers brisfisher

Mick wrote:

Dark water Dark lures ... better contrast... I have found that Pumpkin seed work well in dark water...

I gotta agree there. I got my pb flatty on pumpkinseed in water that resembled iced coffee. Found the same thing in the run-off fishing for barra. gold and black is a sure bet in the dirty stuff.

bretto wrote:

Mick wrote:
Dark water Dark lures ... better contrast... I have found that Pumpkin seed work well in dark water...

I gotta agree there. I got my pb flatty on pumpkinseed in water that resembled iced coffee. Found the same thing in the run-off fishing for barra. gold and black is a sure bet in the dirty stuff.

similar principal as at night, a dark plastic creates a silhouette

I'm not really sure how much colour matters at night I've been catching fish on everything from bright orange through to translucent light brown. I think just an aggressive retrieve with far more jerks and jitters than you would normally use in the daytime seems to do the trick.

last time i fished newstead at night i tried 1/32 jighead with tiny 2' jerkbait in transparent grey color and it's gotta be the color that's the hardest to be seen in the river. still, i got 2 bream at 1st 2 casts. i didn't give it any twitches either, i just cast and wait then a jerk on the line showed me the fish's on. i kept getting hits later

Archived